“The moving hand once having writ moves on. Nor all thy piety nor wit can lure it back to cancel half a line.”
Omar Khayyam, Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám
Hi. I’m Lynne Glasscoe and I have had the pleasure of living and working in some glorious parts of the world, but the Blackwater Valley that straddles counties Cork and Waterford is home … and also a truly picturesque area of mountains and lush valleys, castles and gardens.
My background is hospitality, responsible tourism and ethical enterprise, as advisor, trainer and practitioner. Working on eco tourism projects in the Caribbean and having a friend’s wedding in the garden of my villa there introduced me to intimate ceremonies: weddings on the beach, on boats, by the pool, in parks and also memorial services were conducted outdoors. Having restored an old water mill, I returned to Ireland and opened a literary award-winning boutique hotel with wondrous family celebrations abounding. And by living and working for two years in the heart of Central Asia I learnt the meaning of true hospitality, a way of life in that part of the world.
And now, back in Ireland, I have combined my hospitality and facilitating skills, with my literary skills as poet and dramatist, to be a celebrant. Helping you to write your ceremonies, services and vows will be my pleasure, always reflecting your beliefs and values. I am an experienced presenter, both confident and calm and can offer both gravitas and humour, and an articulate speaker who will guide your ceremony your way.
I am a Member of the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants having trained with the College of Celebrancy UK. I also have UK clearance for working with young people.
Random Facts About Me
- I’m a published poet, writer and dramatist
- I survived a winter week of -20°C without electricity or heating
- I can whistle with my fingers
- I live in the middle of a five acre garden
Professional Facts About Me
- My boutique hotel had no televisions, but with a library, art, handcrafted work, gardens and a gorgeous young staff it won Accommodation of the Year Award in 2002
- I gained an MBA with Distinction from the University of Liverpool
- I have trained disadvantaged youth on three different continents
- I have lived and worked on four different continents
Photographs taken by Ruth Vaughan (Lynne with book)
and Pavel Bebenca (couple in garden)